Via Zoom, VIC
|VLGA Members||$ 0.00 (includes GST of $ 0.00)|
|Non-members||$ 55.00 (includes GST of $ 5.00)|
VLGA & LGiU Global Executive Panel: Harmonious council decision making – Setting up councils for success
Communities look to councils to make decisions in their best interests. While elected officials may not always agree, acting with integrity, impartiality, lawfully and with respect to others when making decisions are the principles of effective leadership and good governance. But what happens when things aren't quite working as they should? How can we ensure respectful debate and ultimately, good decisions are made?
This session will look at the concept of decision making in a group setting, with council leaders from Australia and around the globe sharing their experiences on ensuring good governance and harmonious decision making.
Thursday 7 September 2023, 5:30pm AEST / 8:30am BST
This panel event will take place online via Zoom.
Chris Eddy and Kathryn Arndt will moderate a Q&A style discussion with a panel comprising leaders in this space from across Australia and the UK.
Key areas of discussion will include:
- How to make good decisions in group settings
- Good governance practices
- How to influence councillor behaviour and conduct
- Monica Barone, Chief Executive Officer, City of Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Noelene Duff, PSM, Chair Administrator, Casey City Council, Victoria, Australia
- Alison McCullagh, Chief Executive, Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Northern Ireland
- Cr Steve Holland, Mayor, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, Victoria, Australia
Additional Event Info