Join the VLGA and be part of a strong team working towards good governance in the local government sector.
Your Community, Country & Council (YCCC) Lead
Applications close at midnight on 29 November 2021.
Employment Type: Full time 12 month contract (negotiable – the VLGA may consider offering this role on a part time or job share basis)
Salary: $85,000 per annum (FTE) plus SGC superannuation (currently 10%)
Special requirements of the role: The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong connections and links to First Nations communities and relevant organisations.
The Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Victoria and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to the Traditional Owners, their elders past, present and future, and to their cultures.
This newly-created role is designed to assist the VLGA in supporting the local government sector to advance reconciliation with First Nations people in Victoria. The role's primary focus is:
- the design and implementation of the 'Your Community, Country & Council' project, funded by the state government; and
- leadership over a range of initiatives associated with the participation of First Nations people in local government decision-making and employment.
For more information, please click here for the full position description.
To apply, please provide an up-to-date CV and cover letter which addresses your previous experience in relation to the key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated connections to First Nations communities and organisations.
- Passion for increasing the representation of First Nations people in decision-making roles and increasing the engagement of First Nations people in local government
- Keen understanding of principles of reconciliation and how they may be applied at an organisation and sector-wide (in this case, local government) context
- Project management experience – ability to see a project from scoping through to implementation
Please forward applications and/or requests for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org.