The VLGA is pleased to launch our Strategic Plan for 2023-2027 which aims to build and strengthen governance and leadership skills among current and future Victorian councillors.
Over these four years, the VLGA will focus on four key areas:
- Building councillor expertise and capability;
- Shaping and sharing good governance strategy and practice;
- Partnering for impact by working in coalition to educate and inform; and
- Supporting councils, councillors and communities to address the challenges to good governance.
Our vision for local government is to support a diverse and growing network of community leaders elected to local government who are more connected, informed, and capable of providing good governance for the communities they serve.
- Communities, economies, and the environment are well governed; people feel they belong, can contribute, and thrive
- Ways of working within councils are enhanced and conduct is harmonious and inclusive
- Elected representatives are supported and trusted to make good community-centred and socially, environmentally, and economically responsible decisions
- The VLGA is valued and respected as the go-to place for elected representatives to network, access standards of good governance, be informed about new and emerging issues, and develop their community leadership and engagement capabilities
Download the full Strategic Plan.