Live panel events with subject matter experts as part of the VLGA Connect program.
To access recordings of the following live panels, click here (fees apply):
- VLGA x LGiU: 'Innovative Approaches to Addressing the Housing Crisis' with Kate Kennally (CEO Cornwall Council), Brian Geaney (Assistant CEO, Cork City Council) and Peter Colacino (Chief of Policy & Research, Infrastructure Australia).
- VLGA Connect: 'Electing the Mayor - What Leadership Requires' with Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers), Ian McCormack (President, Strategic Steps Inc.) and Cr Kim O'Keeffe (Mayor, Greater Shepparton City Council).
- VLGA x LGiU: 'Building Community Wealth' with Patrick Fensham (Principal and Partner, SGS Economics and Planning), Monica Barone (CEO City of Sydney, NSW) and Craig Hatton (CEO North Ayrshire Council, UK)
- VLGA x LGiU: 'Child Friendly Cities and Communities - the impact of COVID on children and young people' with Angela Scott (CEO Aberdeen City Council), Liana Buchanan (Victorian Commissioner for Children and Young People) and Dr Vivian Romero (Public Health Lecturer, Central Queensland University).
- VLGA x LGPro & LGiU: 'Global CEOs Discuss Local Government COVID Response' with Ann Doherty (CEO Cork City, Ireland), Jim Savege (CEO Abderdeenshire Council, Scotland), Kelly Grigsby (CEO Wyndham City, Victoria) and Kerry Robinson OAM (CEO Blacktown City, NSW).
- VLGA x LGPro: 'Supporting Councillors: Governance Rules & Building Trust' with Dr John Lynch (Acting Chief Municipal Inspector, Local Government Inspectorate), Ross Millard (Manager of Operations, Local Government Inspectorate), Blaga Naumoski (Executive Manager Governance, Communications & Engagement, Nillumbik Shire Council) and Steve Cooper (Chief of Staff, VLGA).
- VLGA x LGPro: 'The Role of Mayor: More Than Just a Title' with Noelene Duff (former CEO at Whitehorse City Council & current Administrator at City of Casey), Melissa Scadden (Partner, Justitia Lawyers) and Peter Stephenson (two-time Mayor of the City of Darebin & Municipal Monitor South Gippsland Shire 2018)
- VLGA x LGPro: 'Circular Economy: From Theory to Practice' with Ashleigh Morris (Co-founder and CEO, Coreo), Jaine Morris (Co-founder and COO, Coreo) and Deb Cailes (Director of Waste & Recycling, City of Melbourne).
- VLGA x LGPro: 'Caretaker Conventions - What your council needs to know' with Jenny Menzies (Principal Research Fellow, Centre for Governance & Public Policy Griffith University), Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers) and Kathryn Arndt (Chief Executive Officer, VLGA).
- 'Election-Related Integrity Issues and New Local Government Standards of Conduct' with David Wolf (Deputy Commissioner, IBAC), John Lynch (Acting Chief Municipal Inspector), Hannah Duncan-Jones (Director - Local Government Act Implementation, Local Government Victoria) and Kathryn Arndt (Chief Executive Officer, VLGA).
- 'Campaigning in COVID - It's all about social media' with Jo Scard (CEO, Fifty Acres), Adam Thompson (musician and keynote speaker) and Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers)
- 'Electoral Regulations - Your Questions Answered' with Warwick Gately (Victorian Electoral Commissioner), John Lynch (Acting Chief Municipal Inspector), Cr Sandra Wilson (Hobsons Bay City Council) and Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers)
To watch the following live panels, click on the links below:
- 'Recycling and Resource Recovery Advice from Infrastructure Victoria' with Jonathan Spear (Deputy CEO and COO, Infrastructure Victoria) and Elissa McNamara (Project Director, Infrastructure Victoria)
- 'Deliberative Engagement' with Kimbra White (MosaicLab) and Brett Hennig (Sortition Foundation)
- 'VLGA x EY: Climate Emergency Action Plans' with Brendan Tapley and Rob Kyne (EY)
- 'Smart Cities' with Timothy Kariotis (Melbourne School of Government)
- 'Chairing Virtual Council Meetings' with Ruth McGowan OAM, Cr Stuart James (Monash City Council), Stephen Cooper and Kathryn Arndt