Live panel events with subject matter experts as part of the VLGA Connect program.
To access recordings of the following live panels, click here (fees apply):
- VLGA x LGPro: 'Circular Economy: From Theory to Practice' with Ashleigh Morris (Co-founder and CEO, Coreo), Jaine Morris (Co-founder and COO, Coreo) and Deb Cailes (Director of Waste & Recycling, City of Melbourne).
- VLGA x LGPro: 'Caretaker Conventions - What your council needs to know' with Jenny Menzies (Principal Research Fellow, Centre for Governance & Public Policy Griffith University), Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers) and Kathryn Arndt (Chief Executive Officer, VLGA).
- 'Election-Related Integrity Issues and New Local Government Standards of Conduct' with David Wolf (Deputy Commissioner, IBAC), John Lynch (Acting Chief Municipal Inspector), Hannah Duncan-Jones (Director - Local Government Act Implementation, Local Government Victoria) and Kathryn Arndt (Chief Executive Officer, VLGA).
- 'Campaigning in COVID - It's all about social media' with Jo Scard (CEO, Fifty Acres), Adam Thompson (musician and keynote speaker) and Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers)
- 'Electoral Regulations - Your Questions Answered' with Warwick Gately (Victorian Electoral Commissioner), John Lynch (Acting Chief Municipal Inspector), Cr Sandra Wilson (Hobsons Bay City Council) and Tony Raunic (Managing Principal, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers)
To watch the following live panels, click on the links below:
- 'Recycling and Resource Recovery Advice from Infrastructure Victoria' with Jonathan Spear (Deputy CEO and COO, Infrastructure Victoria) and Elissa McNamara (Project Director, Infrastructure Victoria)
- 'Deliberative Engagement' with Kimbra White (MosaicLab) and Brett Hennig (Sortition Foundation)
- 'VLGA x EY: Climate Emergency Action Plans' with Brendan Tapley and Rob Kyne (EY)
- 'Smart Cities' with Timothy Kariotis (Melbourne School of Government)
- 'Chairing Virtual Council Meetings' with Ruth McGowan OAM, Cr Stuart James (Monash City Council), Stephen Cooper and Kathryn Arndt