Title: Learning and Development Lead
Work Location: Hybrid – combination - flexible
Employment Type: Full time. Some work is required outside normal working hours – the VLGA has a time off in lieu policy
The Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA) supports councils and elected representatives (councillors) to deliver positive outcomes for their local communities through high performance leadership and effective governance. We are member-run and non-partisan.
We offer direct support, training, professional development, events, networks and resources to members and carry out research, policy analysis and advocacy on behalf of local councils.
We are the leading voice for local councils and offer our members the opportunity to realise their true leadership potential and increase their impact.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and deliver programs and learning opportunities to VLGA members and more broadly across the local government sector. This involves planning, resourcing, and stakeholder engagement to deliver major flagship annual and ongoing programs and bespoke programs for members, support the creation of new programs and coordinate vendors, suppliers, contractors and consultants.
Reports to: Head of Strategy
Internal Liaisons: VLGA staff
External Liaisons: VLGA members and stakeholders
Planning, organising, administering and delivering solutions
- Coordinate the delivery and evaluation of a calendar of programs, inhouse programs and development opportunities for members and partners.
- Manage resourcing requirements aligned to the calendar of programs, including planning for new programs.
- Liaise with program developers, providers, and suppliers as well as the broader delivery team and the design area to ensure smooth transition from design through to implementation for programs.
- Apply a project management approach to scheduling and tasks in the development and delivery of programs.
- Deliver administration for a suite of programs and drive service that is responsive, agile, and focused on quality outcomes.
- Deliver end-to-end program planning (including briefs outlining run sheets, logistics, floor plans, equipment testing etc).
- Coordinate program participants and all delivery partners to ensure seamless member and partner experiences.
- Develop program collateral for distribution and use.
- Liaise with members, partners, vendors, and stakeholders as required.
- Coordinate and deliver logistics management for equipment, bookings, payments, venues, catering, attendance records, set up and pack downs across a range of delivery practices.
- Contribute new thinking to improving the design and delivery of programs.
- Contribute to overall program evaluations.
- Lead and initiate research, analysis and evaluation of learning and development in support of the VLGA Strategic Plan.
- Lead and collaborate on review processes to ensure any insights are used to inform improvements for learning and development programs, events, and engagement activities.
- Support the VLGA Team by actively engaging in continuous improvement processes.
Reporting and Data Analysis
- Use of a data driven approach, analysis of metrics, and course feedback surveys to reflect and report on areas for growth and development and make recommendations.
- Accurate reporting on all programs and events; numbers to date, targets, estimated and actual revenue.
Ensuring that data is accurately entered in and managed within the VLGA’s CRM system.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Project management and delivery
- ability to support the delivery of contemporary programs and learning opportunities in the local government sector through effective project management, coordination, and administration.
Collaboration and communication
- highly developed interpersonal skills with a demonstrated tendency to work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders, high level written and verbal skills including the capacity to listen, present confidently and accurately, build trust, influence and exercise sound judgement, discretion, and confidentiality.
Planning and forecasting
- experience in program planning and resource forecasting with the ability to take initiative and get things done and track progress.
Attention to detail
- strong eye for detail with member and partner service orientation and a proven ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
Knowledge of the local government sector
- Lived experience of the workings of local governments including a demonstrated passion for, and commitment to, the sector is essential.
Tertiary qualifications in learning and development, training and / or equivalent experience.
Closing date for applications will be midnight Sunday, 17 September 2023.
To apply send your one page cover letter and no more than 3-page resume, to email@example.com